LESLIE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
RESPONSIBILITY OF PUPILS RIDING SCHOOL BUSES
1. It is necessary to FOLLOW THE DIRECTION OF THE DRIVER.
2. Students must remain quiet at ALL railroad crossings.
3. Students who walk from one school to another without permission will be ticketed.
4. Students are expected to remain properly seated at all times when the bus is in operation.
5. No part of the body and no objects shall be extended outside of the window.
6. All emergency exits on the bus are to be used only in cases of emergency.
7. Eating, drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco, gambling and possession of intoxicants or illegal substances on buses is prohibited.
8. Animals, weapons, knives, glass containers, fireworks and radios larger than pocket size are not permitted on or around buses.
9. Inappropriate language including profanity will not be tolerated on the buses.
10. Students are not permitted to activate any of the controls on a bus including door handles.
11. Each rider is expected to behave in such a way as is unlikely to injure others or damage property.
12. To maintain regular schedules students are expected to be at their pick up location approximately ten minutes before normal pick up times.
13. Students who must cross a road to board a bus are expected to stay on the side of the road where they live until the bus arrives. They should then cross only after all traffic has stopped for the stopped school bus, which has activated its alternately flashing red stoplights. When leaving the bus, students who must cross the road are expected to cross ten (10) feet in front of the bus.
14. Pupils should notify the driver in advance when they do not intend to ride the bus.
15. A written request from the parents to the driver and principal's office or verbal contact to the bus garage and
principal's office will be necessary before a student may be admitted or discharged at a stop other than
their regular stop or ride a bus route other than their regular route.
16. In case of road emergencies or accidents not involving the bus, students shall remain in the bus unless instructed differently by the driver.
17. Pupils may be suspended immediately from riding a school bus for failure to follow these rules or when their actions, in any way, are considered detrimental to the rights, safety and property of others or control of the bus.
18. ALL FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS WILL BE ADHERED TO.